Phi Mu believes that the most important aspect of college is academics; and the organization is committed to helping our members excel in this area. Annually, the Phi Mu Foundation gives over $100,000 in academic scholarships to undergraduate and graduate members. From study groups to academic mentoring, Phi Mu provides support to encourage members to flourish throughout their collegiate years.
Phi Mu has an Academic Excellence Chair dedicated to meeting the needs of individual members. Our Academic Excellence Chair has put on programs such as:
- Hey, Hey, I Got an A! - Sisters who get an A on a test are entered into a weekly drawing for a Starbucks gift card.
- Planner Party - Sisters start off the semester getting organized and are entered into a drawing for an Erin Condren planner if they attend the planner party.
- Coffee tab - Our Academic Excellence Chair sets up a tab at a local coffee shop for sisters to recharge with coffee during final exams.
- Library treats - During final exams, our Academic Excellence Chair gives our Panera bagels and other treats to sisters who are studying in the library.
- GPA gift cards - Annually, Victoria's Secret gift cards ranging from $20 to $30 are awarded to sisters who have GPAs ranging from 3.0 to 4.0.
Congratulations to the 148 girls who made the Dean's List with a GPA of 3.5+ and the 79 girls who made the President's Honor Roll with a 4.0 for the Fall 2016 semester! Keep it up ladies!